Saturday, January 15, 2011

Caroline is broken and Thompson is floating :(

So its been eight days and Caroline is still sick!  On top of her stomach virus she is now fighting a cold.  We have seen the doctor twice this week and she basically said Caroline is pitiful.  Her eyes are swollen and watering, her nose is running like a faucet, she has a fever and a cough that won't stop.

Yesterday was by far the worst day we have seen.  She kept telling me to hold the baby.  (She has started to referring to herself as "The Baby" and Thompson isn't even here yet!)  As I was holding her, she looked so sad and said, "Mommy, I broken."  Talk about the saddest thing you could hear out of your two year old!  She did not let me put her down until I had to go to my doctor's appointment and leave her with the sitter.  I cried as I pulled out of the neighborhood and then continued to call the sitter to see when she stopped crying.  I hate leaving a sick baby!

For those who don't know, I love my OBGyn, Dr. Ramos!  He is great and I recommend him to all my friends.  I go in for my appointment and he immediately tells me to pick a day next week and I can be induced.  Since I found out I was preggo, I have been begging him to not let me go to my due date and save me from those last miserable weeks.  I regretfully had to tell him he better check my cervix because I am pretty sure this baby is not ready to come.  Sure enough, he checked and couldn't believe how high Thompson is, he actually said he is FLOATING!  UGH!  Tomorrow I will be 39 weeks along and still pregnant.  Wednesday I go back to check on any progress and make sure the Thompson is doing okay.

Truthfully, its okay to have to wait on Thompson since I really need Caroline to get healthy before bringing home a new baby.

Quick side note; Brian no longer has diarrhea and when he did go back to work he was surprised to find his co-workers and even some of his clients had read my rather detailed blog... sorry Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment